If you need the shape, size, strength, or appearance of a tooth improved, Dr. Mark L. Pitel may recommend a dental crown. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth, covering the entire visible area of the tooth. A dental crown can do many things for you and your smile, including:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Restore a broken or worn down tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover a misshaped or badly stained tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a tooth
At our office, our dentist provides metal-free dental crowns. Ceramic and porcelain dental crowns will provide you with the best possible color match to your natural teeth. Because of this, these crowns will help, rather than hinder, the appearance of your smile. Ceramic and porcelain crowns are also ideal for those with metal allergies. Our dentist can convert dental crowns with metal to more aesthetic, healthy ones if needed.
We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more about how a dental crown in Poughkeepsie, New York, can improve your smile.