If you want a healthy smile and body during pregnancy, our Mark L. Pitel, DMD, PC team is here to help you! There are many things you can do to achieve those goals, like keep up on oral hygiene and visit your dentist. But there’s another thing we ask you to keep in mind, and that’s nutrition. To help you take good care of yourself during pregnancy, we recommend doing the following things:
· Eat healthy foods on a regular basis, including whole grains (like cereal, breads, and crackers), fruits, vegetables, and dairy products (like milk, yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheese).
· Limit your sugar intake by avoiding candy, cake, and cookies. We also recommend staying away from sugary drinks, like soda and juice.
· As you snack, eat healthy foods, like apples, oranges, carrots, and celery. You can also snack on cheese and yogurt.
· Drink plenty of fluoridated water throughout the day. Milk is another healthy beverage to consume. Juice, fruit-flavored drinks, and soft drinks, however, are beverages you should avoid drinking.
· If you tend to feel nauseous throughout the day, try eating small, healthy meals and snacks instead of big, heavy ones.
Call 845-454-0790 today if you have any questions or if you would like to learn more. We are happy to teach you all we know about nutrition so you can have the healthy smile and body you desire. If you have any dental concerns, like about tooth decay and gum disease, we strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Mark L. Pitel as soon as possible. We are happy to help you!